Steven is an international lawyer with in-depth experience of law and its application in corporate and commercial transactions, dispute resolution and investment activities. He has advised and assisted clients on various UK and cross-border dispute resolution matters, mergers acquisitions, reorganisations, joint ventures as well as taking a key role in negotiating and drafting
international commercial agreements.
He has experience with the court system in Mauritius, having been briefed to work on appellate work(relating to the appeals process) before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.
- Member of the Executive Council of the International Law Association (HQ, London, UK)
- Founder and President of the International Law Association (Mauritius Branch)
- Solicitor for the Senior Courts of England & Wales
- Member of the International Fiscal Association
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of the City of London Law Society
- Elected Freeman for the City of London Solicitors’ Company
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- (LL.B Hons.) from University of Hull
- Pg. Dip. Legal Practice from University of Oxford
- LLM – Master of Laws in International Finance and Securities law from University of London, Kings and Queen Mary Colleges
- MBA Finance (Bradford) – Triple Crown Accreditation
- BA Hons. in Economics and Law from London Guildhall University
- Licence degree in Administration Economique et Social (AES) from University of Paris V-Rene Descartes (France) respectively
- Alumni of the University of Oxford
Steven Sengayen is a Practising Solicitor of England & Wales. He is also based in the City of London with in-depth experience of law and its application in dispute resolution, litigation and corporate transactions, international finance and investment activities.
Since April 2017 until now, he was selected by the World Bank Group to participate in the World Bank’s Doing Business reports as an expert in the area of insolvency in Mauritius.
In September 2012, he compiled a country report entitled ‘Business in Mauritius 2012’ which was published and distributed in the UK’s Sunday Telegraph Newspaper.
Previously, Steven worked for a number of magic circle law firms in the UK such as Freshfields Bruckhaus and Deringer, Linklaters, Herbert Smith LLP and Sullivan and Cromwell LLP. He also worked for prestigious institutions such as the British Institute of International and Comparative Law in the fields of EU competition and financial law and the International Criminal Defence Attorneys Association.
As well as his law qualifications, Steven has gained double degrees; a BA Hons. in economics and law from London Guildhall University and a as Licence degree in Administration Economique et Social (AES) from University of Paris V – Rene Descartes (France) respectively. Steven trained and qualified as an English Solicitor in London. In December 2014, Steven graduated with an MBA Finance from University of Bradford, School of Management (Triple Crown Accreditation). In September 2012, Steven was elected Freeman for the City of London Solicitors’ Company.
Meet the rest of the team
Adam is a Solicitor-Advocate with extensive experience of criminal and sports la...
Chris Daw QC
Chris Daw QC is one of the country's leading barristers, specialising in complex...
Imran Shafi QC
Imran is widely regarded as one of the leading criminal barristers in the countr...
Kevin Dent QC
A highly persuasive advocate with a calm, measured, yet robust courtroom manner....
Natasha has a background in both criminal and civil proceedings. She has also be...
Andrew’s wealth of experience in defending against criminal proceedings makes ...
Julian Goode is a barrister specialising in criminal and regulatory cases. &hell...
Matthew specialises in matters involving white collar fraud, regulatory offences...
Based in Marbella Spain, Oscar is dual qualified as a Spanish Abogado (Lawyer) a...
Barry is a former practicing solicitor from Manchester, now trying to enjoy more...
Head of Operations and Practice Manager
Natalie has worked within the legal services sector for over 15 years and has st...
Tim has extensive experience of working within criminal law, both for the defenc...
Akram has extensive experience of working within Criminal Law. He regularly repr...
During her career, Ria has gained the knowledge, ability and a wealth of experie...
Prior to joining Holborn Adams, Alicia worked for another London based firm, whe...
Charlotte’s main role as a Trainee Solicitor Holborn Adams is taking instructi...
Franceska is a trainee Solicitor who ensures that the standard of her work and t...